sex and the left

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Tue Oct 29 20:19:04 PST 2002

><<Now, how is two people engaging in sex not a sexual connection??>>
>
>Yes, I should like to hear that one myself. Some leftists say the
>darndest things!
>
>-Thomas

When a worker at a store, a restaurant, or whatever wears a smile for you as a customer, you don't think that he or she is happy to see you as a person, regardless of whether you have money. When a worker -- a prostitute, a stripper, a phone sex operator, or whoever -- simulates sexual desire for you, you don't think that he or she really finds you sexually desirable, regardless of your ability to pay, do you? That's a performance, for which customers and/or employers pay.

Moreover, in the sex industries, sexual simulacra that workers create for customers include cartoons, animated cartoons, video games, etc.; in the case of such commodities, it may very well be straight guys who are creating sexual simulacra that other straight guys consume. What sort of "sexual connection" exists between two sets of straight guys -- those who draw pornographic cartoons and those who consume them? -- Yoshie