the anti sex left

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Wed Oct 30 23:16:36 PST 2002

[Sorry if this is a repeat -- it looks like it didn't go through the first time]

On Wed, 30 Oct 2002, Christian Gregory wrote:

> Apologies to you and Anthony. His claim, as he puts it, was that the
> left needs more openmindedness about sex, is pretty undefined. (Does
> that mean I'm supposed to want NAMBLA to show up at gay pride events?
> That I shouldn't support most of the misinformation that goes by the
> name of public "safe sex" discourse?). . . Opening this can of worms . .

Actually I was curious about the can of worms you opened up in passing, about "the misinformation that goes by the name of the public 'safe sex' discourse." I'd be interested which if any parts of it you think are pretty clearly false. I'm intrigued by the word "most."

Michael