a death

budge budge at el-pleasant.org
Thu Oct 31 07:34:39 PST 2002

On Wed, 30 Oct 2002 at 8:22pm Kelley wrote:

> At 09:15 AM 10/30/02 -0500, Doug Henwood wrote:
> >Sad news: I just got an email saying that long-time listmember Alec
> >Ramsdell died in Chicago on Oct 18.
> >
> >Doug
>
> Alec cat the jazz musician? Oh geez, this rots! Two
> young guys I know died within a month of each other not
> too long ago, one was hit by a car, the other from
> steroid abuse. Does this have anything to do with his
> struggles with heroin?

yes it did (as surely you know by now), but contrary to what has been posted on this list today, he did in fact discuss his struggle with heroin on this list in the past. in fact, he and paula. (i'll leave it to others who dig the archives to dig out the ref's, can't right now myself.)

alec cat was one cool dude. very, very sad news and i will miss him.

-j

> Kelley
>
> :(

-- no Onan