Jack Welch and pursuit of happiness

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 31 10:38:19 PST 2002

Ex-GE Boss Has Nearly $500 Million

Filed at 1:12 p.m. ET

BRIDGEPORT, Conn. (AP)-- Newly released financial statements in Jack Welch's divorce case showed that the former General Electric Co. chairman has nearly a half billion dollars in assets and a monthly income of $1.4 million.

Financial statements were released Wednesday by Welch and his estranged wife.

Welch's affidavit said he has a total monthly income of $1,414,528 and expenses of $366,114. Welch lists assets of $456 million and liabilities of $16.7 million.

Welch spends $51,531 a month to maintain two Fairfield homes valued at more than $16 million, one in Nantucket valued at $10 million, a $3.5 million home in Lost Tree, Fla., a Palm Beach, Fla., home listed at just $300,000, and a home in Lenox, Mass., valued at $100,000.

He spends an average of $8,982 a month on food and drink and $1,903 on clothes, according to the eight-page document. He also spends over $52,000 a month on gifts[?].

Jane Welch, who has a home in Florence, Italy, lists monthly income of $11,360 and assets of $8.3 million.

"I would just like to get on with my life in a happy way," Welch said after a Superior Court hearing Wednesday. "We are not talking life or death here." ...

<http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/business/AP-Welch-Divorce.html>

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ Surf the Web without missing calls! Get MSN Broadband. http://resourcecenter.msn.com/access/plans/freeactivation.asp