Are Marches Pep-Rallies? (was Antiwar Protest Largest Since '60s)

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 31 15:01:38 PST 2002

--- Dddddd0814 at aol.com wrote:
> Seattle was
> certainly less than
> 100,000 by most estimates I've seen. I agree with
> you in the sense that it is
> sad that it takes a popular-frontist Marcyite
> Stalinist group like the WWP to
> organize large protests.

So are you seriously comparing the effect of Seattle with last weeks demonstration?

I still have yet to receive a satisfactory response to my question: Are these types of "street promenade" marches anything but a pep-rally for the already converted?

But what is equally sad is
> the fact that anarchists
> aid the bourgeoisie in creating a hole in serious,
> level-headed leadership
> for leftists.

Here we go. Any criticism of the WWP or a march is OBJECTIVELY helping the bourgeoisie. "You are either with us or with the enemy".

-Thomas

===== "A question is always the desire to know, and to preserve simple human truths, we need secrets. The secrets of happiness, death, love."

__________________________________________________ Yahoo! - We Remember 9-11: A tribute to the more than 3,000 lives lost http://dir.remember.yahoo.com/tribute