a critique of the march on Sandton

Dddddd0814 at aol.com Dddddd0814 at aol.com
Mon Sep 2 11:07:00 PDT 2002

<<Awesome! Thanks for sharing this!

Once again the righteous anger of working people is domesticated by those who seek to control dissent. Yesterday it happened in South Africa. In a few weeks it may happen again in Washington. We repeat this mistake again and again like we have for centuries. We mistakenly think that we can cotnrol our dissent and offer our discontent to the masters in the form of a few leaders. Everytime our leaders get to the palace gate, the rulers bring them inside and then proceed to behead them. Those who aren't quite leaders yet meet to discuss the failure of their efforts and conclude that the masses need more "unity" and "discipline," so that the negotiations at the palace will go better next time.

The "unwashed masses" have the correct instinct: burn the palace down.

We need to put an end to parade marshalls and Trotskists wannabe leaders. This is the lesson that the Left should have learned since Seattle, but those wih designs on power refuse to see the need to change their ways.

Chuck0>>

Chuck Munson,

Please outline what you think would be the most successful course of action for the left and the "masses" in South Africa. I.e., How can they best challenge and end the domination of the capitalist ruling class? Be sure to include a political and historical context of South Africa to date, as well as an analysis of South Africa's position globally.

Looking forward to your response, David