a critique of the march on Sandton

Tahir Wood twood at uwc.ac.za
Tue Sep 3 00:39:47 PDT 2002

Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2002 15:20:36 -0500 From: Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> Subject: Re: a critique of the march on Sandton

One simply has to take into account the actuality of ultra-leftists (to use the politest term) as one of the conditions we face, like prisons, biased news reporting, or any other feature of capitalism which operates to repress radical or revolutionary organizing. They simply aren't going to go away until the conditions which generate them go away.

Ah but you are one of those conditions. Who's the royal "we" here, Carrol? You the unions and the democratic party? If so the more that your "radical and revolutionary organizing" gets fucked up the better some of us will like it. (By the way I also have misgivings about adventurism, but at least I don't get mixed up about who is on who's side, as in your appallingly reactionary post - the left is why capitalism still exists - Jeez, does this shit have any credibility left?) Tahir