a critique of the march on Sandton

Chuck Munson chuck at tao.ca
Tue Sep 3 07:54:29 PDT 2002

Gordon Fitch wrote:

> Chris Clarke:
>
>>Apply for jobs rebuilding the bank.
>

> All this heroic stuff about smashing bank windows and
> getting beaten by the cops is thrilling, but it's too much.
> I want a radical praxis the weak, the foolish, the friendless,
> the poor, the cowardly, the least and the last can practice:
> a praxis for me and mine.

That's the radical praxis (practical anarchy) that us window-smashers engage in the other 360 days of the year.

I got together last night with several people who have lots of black bloc experience.

We spent the evening inventoring books that will go in our new radical bookstore opening next month.

BTW, if you are in Washington, DC and need a fix of radical literature, come on down to the Brian MacKenzie Infoshop, which opens in October at 9th and P St. NW.

Chuck0

------------------------------------------------------------ Personal homepage -> http://chuck.mahost.org/ Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ MutualAid.org -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Anarchy: AJODA -> http://www.anarchymag.org/

AIM: AgentHelloKitty

Web publishing and services for your nonprofit: Bread and Roses Web Publishing http://www.breadandrosesweb.org/

"...ironically, perhaps, the best organised dissenters in the world today are anarchists, who are busily undermining capitalism while the rest of the left is still trying to form committees."

-- Jeremy Hardy, The Guardian (UK)