a critique of the march on Sandton

s-t-t at juno.com s-t-t at juno.com
Tue Sep 3 12:44:21 PDT 2002

Chuck writes:

> Oh, go fuck yourself and your Leninist disinformation, Shane. We
> don't use the mass of demonstrators as a buffer for our activities.
Have
> you spent anytime at all reading about what the black bloc has done at
> past protests? A16? The Counter-inauguration? Seattle?

Again with the solipsism. If it isn't experienced, it can't be known (or criticized).

> There weren't even any other demonstrators around when the black
> bloc went shopping in Seattle.
>
> I also have to ask if you have spent any time at a recent protest?

I don't owe you an answer. This is the activist equivalent of William Bennett demanding Noam Chomsky profess his undying love for America. Like Yoshie said then, it's simply a demand to show an ideological passport to be stamped by self-appointed custom agents.

> This is just another example of your irresponsible ignorance. The
> black bloc is not the Weathermen. Try getting your facts straight
> before leaping to embarassing conclusions!

You cheered arson, an act with clear parallels to the Weathermen.

-- Shane