black block

Chuck Munson chuck at tao.ca
Tue Sep 3 14:23:04 PDT 2002

joanna bujes wrote:
> At 12:16 PM 09/03/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>
>> Bear in mind that the black bloc is chiefly a tactic of group solidarity
>> and mutual aid. I've marched with several black blocs and have seen
>> little
>> proprty damage. Frankly, I don't see why people get so worked up about
>> the
>> property damage that the BB does, since it is small potatoes compared to
>> what goes on during worker strikes.
>

> Bear in mind also that most of the destruction that happened in Seattle
> was the work of lumpen locals. As for the destruction in Genoa, it has
> been revealed in painstaking detail that this was the work of agent
> provocateurs and the police.

Noooooooo. The police organized a fake black bloc in Genoa, but like Seattle, the property damage was done by the black bloc and other "lumpen" locals.

I'm not sure if you've been following the situation in Italy, but revelations about what the cops did at Genoa have really illustrated how shitty it was for the moderates to blame shit on the black bloc.

Chuck0

------------------------------------------------------------ Personal homepage -> http://chuck.mahost.org/ Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ MutualAid.org -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Anarchy: AJODA -> http://www.anarchymag.org/

AIM: AgentHelloKitty

Web publishing and services for your nonprofit: Bread and Roses Web Publishing http://www.breadandrosesweb.org/

"...ironically, perhaps, the best organised dissenters in the world today are anarchists, who are busily undermining capitalism while the rest of the left is still trying to form committees."

-- Jeremy Hardy, The Guardian (UK)