black block

Joe R. Golowka joeg at ieee.org
Tue Sep 3 20:37:11 PDT 2002

Michael Pollak wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Sep 2002, Chuck Munson wrote:
>

>>In terms of the convention center, I was speaking metaphorically
>

> I always figured you were but really, Chuck, I think you of all people
> should be extremely leery of using metaphors like that. When your closest
> allies misinterpret you on an issue of central importance, you're
> expressly yourself badly.

I didn't misinterpret it. The ivory tower academics misinterpreted it.

-- Joe R. Golowka JoeG at ieee.org Anarchist FAQ -- http://www.anarchyfaq.org

"PATRIOTISM, n. 1) The inability to distinguish between the government and one's "country"; 2) A highly praiseworthy virtue characterized by the desire to dominate and kill; 3) A feeling of exultation experienced when contemplating heaps of charred "enemy" corpses; 4) The first, last, and perennial refuge of scoundrels.

PATRIOT, n. A dangerous tool of the powers that be. A herd member who compensates for lack of self-respect by indentifying with an abstraction. An enemy of individual freedom. A fancier of the rich, satisfying flavor of boot leather." -- from The American Heretic's Dictionary