black block

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Sep 4 10:29:18 PDT 2002

Joe R. Golowka wrote:

>Michael Pollak wrote:
>>On Tue, 3 Sep 2002, Chuck Munson wrote:
>>
>>>In terms of the convention center, I was speaking metaphorically
>>

>>I always figured you were but really, Chuck, I think you of all people
>>should be extremely leery of using metaphors like that. When your closest
>>allies misinterpret you on an issue of central importance, you're
>>expressly yourself badly.
>
>I didn't misinterpret it. The ivory tower academics misinterpreted it.

Look Buster, there are no "ivory tower academics" around here. I dropped out of grad school 23 years ago and have been self-employed since 1981. Carrol Cox is a retired academic, but he's surrounded by Illinois cornfields and, as far as I know, lives at sea level. Michael Pollak works nights at a law firm doing word processing and proofreading. Patrick Bond is an academic, but he's deeply involved with real social movements and marches with crowds that get tear gassed and water cannoned. I can't even say "Nice try."

Doug