security? what security?

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Wed Sep 4 11:28:41 PDT 2002

> New York Daily News - September 4, 2002
>
> To test the supposedly more stringent security imposed at the
> nation's airports after the Sept. 11 attacks, Daily News reporters
> boarded flights over the Labor Day weekend carrying contraband -
> including box cutters, razor knives and pepper spray.

I don't think anyone will ever be able to hijack a plane with a box cutter again. It only worked the first time because people thought they thought they'd increase the chances of crashing. Now that people know it's a matter of life and death to stop them, a guy wiht a razor knife would be toast. The retarius maneuver is simply too easy and a 100 million passengers have already rehearsed in their minds.

Michael