war and the state

Gordon Fitch gcf at panix.com
Wed Sep 4 17:25:59 PDT 2002

Dddddd0814 at aol.com:
> Could someone please clue me in on what the heck this guy is talking about?
> "Behavior is history"? "The notion that ideas result in behavior is
> idealistic"? Huh????
> Total mish-mosh.

Well, you don't know; if a text is incomprehensible to you, you don't know whether it contains meaning for someone else, is good or bad, right or wrong, well- or ill-arranged, and so on. It's just opaque. Since no one else has risen to either agree with you or explain the text, however, I suspect it is worse than obscure: it is boring, and the prospects of well-received explanation are dim. Therefore, I will not abuse the patience of this mailing list with one.

-- Gordon