Bye bye ms Coulter

Cian co015d5200 at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Sep 5 16:09:14 PDT 2002

This is from the U.S. DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES report from 1999

Rates of sexual abuse are:

0.4 male children for every 1,000 male children in the population 1.6 female children for every 1,000 female children in the population

Victims of Sexual Abuse Unknown, 11.3% Other, 17.7% Substitute Care Provider(s), 2.8% Family Relative, 18.2% Male Parent and Other, 2.0% Female Parent and Other, 11.0% Both Parents, 12.3% Male Parent Only, 20.8% Female Parent Only, 3.9%

So roughly 20% of those abused are male, and (ignoring the unknown column) 80% by either a relative and foster/care worker. I'd guess that some of that remaining 20% are abused by family friends.

How reliable such statistics are (due to the difficulties of detecting child abuse), is open to question of course. Predatory paedophiles account for a tiny proportion of sexual abuse cases, though I don't have stats for this.

-----Original Message----- From: owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com [mailto:owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com]On Behalf Of Carrol Cox Sent: 05 September 2002 20:52 To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com Subject: Re: Bye bye ms Coulter

christian11 at mindspring.com wrote:

> And so, would-be garden variety gay men become child molesters? Doesn't
> anybody think that age is a component of object choice? It seems to me
that it
> would be _far_ easier and less risky to find adult men to be intimate with
> than to just switch objects and say, oh, well, a 12-year-old will do.

Does anyone have some reasonably accurate information on this. From ignorance I'll offer a speculation:

1) The single largest category of child molestation is by relatives.

2) That such molestation is overwhelmingly "heterosexual"

????

Carrol