No subject

Todd Archer todda39 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 5 17:46:14 PDT 2002

Diane posted:

>Following the Bali meeting, ACPD issued an Action Alert to its >national
>and international colleagues, and wrote to Prime Minister >Chrétien
>expressing grave concern, urging Canada to take the lead to >protect
>women's rights. Canada took up the challenge, and led the >fight to ensure
>that human rights language was inserted in the >document. After weeks of
>negotiations, victory was achieved on this >last remaining contentious
>issue.

Heh! ACPD sure timed that one right. Chretien's turned into a real sugar-daddy since he announced he would be leaving office once his term was up. What with ratifying Kyoto (the howling I'm hearing from Alberta is deafening) and now this, I wouldn't be overly surprised if he's trying to "kill with kindness" his former (and still likely) heir apparent Paul Martin, leaving him him to face a load of pissed off oilmen and religious fanatics. Bonne chance, Paul!

Todd