Hitchens: kill 'em before they start

Jeffrey Fisher jfisher at igc.org
Fri Sep 6 08:35:45 PDT 2002

On Friday, September 6, 2002, at 10:30 AM, Nathan Newman wrote: <snip>

The problem that Hitchens is highlighting is that too much of the Left has
> this imperialism template, so that anyone opposing a Western-identified
> target is assumed to have liberationist views and goals, so they must
> be the
> good guys. But there are worse social structures than capitalism, a
> point
> Marx often made and too few of his latter day disciples recognize.
>
> -- Nathan Newman

this sounds an awful lot like calling opponents of US military action in afghanistan "taliban-lovers", or perhaps "al qaida lovers".

didn't we get past that a long time ago? maybe not . . .