Hitchens: kill 'em before they start

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 6 11:21:34 PDT 2002

>The Hamas Israel thought it was supporting turned into a rather different
>beast. It would be nuts to suggest that Israel wanted to foment are
>organization of rejectionist suicide bombers to discredit the PLO.

Call me nuts then. I believe the second sentence is the only coherent way to desdcribe and explain the course of Israeli Palestinian policy--flattering the PA, isolating and discrediting Arafat, flattinening the West Bank, while leaving Gaza and the Hamas infrastructure and personnel relatively intact. Is the policy crazy? Sure, but not if what you want is endless war to justifu expropriation, expulsion, and repression. Get rid the of guys who want peace at some price and might actually negotiate, and then fight with the remaing guys who won't have peace at any price. jks

_________________________________________________________________ MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx