war and the state

Dddddd0814 at aol.com Dddddd0814 at aol.com
Fri Sep 6 13:49:57 PDT 2002

"Well, you don't know; if a text is incomprehensible to you, you don't know whether it contains meaning for someone else, is good or bad, right or wrong, well- or ill-arranged, and so on. It's just opaque. Since no one else has risen to either agree with you or explain the text, however, I suspect it is worse than obscure: it is boring, and the prospects of well-received explanation are dim. Therefore, I will not abuse the patience of this mailing list with one. -- Gordon"

Gordon, Please refer to the quotation of Marx's I have forwarded, re: war and the state, materialist conception of history. Please tell me what else you want an explanation on, and I will be glad to provide it.

-- David