Lenin on character of Soviet state

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Sep 7 06:21:29 PDT 2002

Dddddd0814 at aol.com wrote:

> Tahir:
> [clip]
>
> "Well how well has the theory stood up there? Have the Chinese, Russian,
> Cuban, Vietnamese, etc. revolutions taken the world closer to communism?"

Did the struggles of the Levellers take the world closer to communism? Did Babeuf's abortive insurrection take the world closer to communism? Did the Chartist Movement take the world closer to communism? Did Altgeld's pardon of the Haymarket 'Anarchists' take the world closer to communism.

Tahir's question is childish. It also shows utter contempt for people, and such maliciousness certainly does not carry us closer to anything. It is contemputous of people because ir reduces centuries of human struggle and bloodshed to a schoolroom story problem in arithmetic. There exists a clear and simple roadmap in Tahir's head (and nowhere else) and the tears and agonies of humans are reduced to mechanical steps along that road to a mechanical destination, which also exists only in Tahir's head. It is sickening.

People struggle. Usually we lose. We start over again and struggle some more. The map in Tahir's head is useless once it gets out in the world.

Pah!!!

Carrol