a critique of the march on Sandton

Chuck Munson chuck at tao.ca
Sat Sep 7 09:16:26 PDT 2002

Dddddd0814 at aol.com wrote:
> Paul writes:

> But, my point was that, too often it seems, much of the anarchist "critique"
> seems to be criticism in the negative without posing any theory-- let alone
> praxis-- in the positive. Thus it seems that a lot of far-left posturing is
> going on without any substantive discussion on what should be done.

You are saying that there hasn't been any substantive discussion on what should be done? Perhaps this is the only email list you have been on, but there has been an extensive discussion within various movements about what should be done. This discussion has taken places on various email lists, bulletin boards, conferences, forums, and in many newspapers, magazines and zines.

For example, there has been alot of talk in the past few years about violence and nonviolence in the movement. This was a widespread discussion and has been well-documented.

Chuck0

------------------------------------------------------------ Personal homepage -> http://chuck.mahost.org/ Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ MutualAid.org -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Anarchy: AJODA -> http://www.anarchymag.org/

AIM: AgentHelloKitty

Web publishing and services for your nonprofit: Bread and Roses Web Publishing http://www.breadandrosesweb.org/

"...ironically, perhaps, the best organised dissenters in the world today are anarchists, who are busily undermining capitalism while the rest of the left is still trying to form committees."

-- Jeremy Hardy, The Guardian (UK)