a critique of the march on Sandton

n/ a blackkronstadt at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 7 13:18:06 PDT 2002

>How would you organize society so that nuclear power could be used with
> >any
>measure of short-term safety in the absence of a massive security
> >apparatus?

Good question. Obviously, one solution would be to use knowledge of nuclear power in limited and small scale ways, and in the creation of low level nuclear reactors, etc. Or it could even be decided that such applications of nuclear technology aren't suitable. It could even be said that nuclear power shouldn't be fully harnessed until the majority of the worlds popuation live in sustainable conditions, and so forth, and that it should be used for more advanced projects such as advanced scientific research. Obviously I'm just throwing shit out here, but I'm doing so to demonstrate that it's not a matter of being "for" or "against" an inanimate thing, bur rather critically examining it's applications under varying contexts.

Paul