1st 9/11 ceremony that's appealed to me

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Sat Sep 7 22:45:17 PDT 2002

[I can't vouch for the musicians, but I like the idea: "This concert honors our heroes & victims by telling the world that we will not be enemies."]

Tikkun New York and New York Society for Ethical Culture

present

Musicians For Peace: Jews and Arabs Making Music Together

Spend a little time on September 11th with friends, embraced in an atmosphere of pure peace. Musicians of Arab and Jewish heritage come together to make music that will fill your heart with wonder & awe, a celebration of hope, and optimism for the future.

Be part of the September Concerts, a day-long observance of the anniversary of 9/11/01 throughout the City. This concert honors our heroes & victims by telling the world that "we will not be enemies."

The concert at Ethical Culture will feature premiere Israeli and American jazz musicians, a North African pop rock Muslim fusion artist, members of the National Academy of Popular Music, a Persian singer, a well-known Klezmer group, celebrated New York folk artists, and special surprises.

Wed, September 11, 7 pm

Free Admission

New York Society for Ethical Culture 2 West 64th Street at Central Park West New York, NY 10023 Call 212-874-5210 for information