Gulf War Syndrome stats withheld

kjkhoo at softhome.net kjkhoo at softhome.net
Sun Sep 8 18:36:48 PDT 2002

jbrown72073 at cs.com wrote:
>about this from the left. Are we so PC we have to tie one hand
>behind our backs?

in light of the lines below, let's first have some political accuracy before accusations of pc are made...

>As we approach the possibility of returning to IRAQ to fight a
>second Gulf War these statistics will provide key evidence about the
>last Gulf War and the illnesses those veterans face as a result of
>fighting on a toxic battlefield. This report also has political
>implications on the VA's ability to handle additional casualties
>from what is already proven to be a Chemical/Biologically dirty
>battlefield.
>
>Based on current US policy toward Iraq it appears that a
>confrontation is inevitable. The NGWRC is concerned that offensive
>chemical and biological agents may be used by Iraq against our
>forces. The VA is ill prepared to handle large amounts of veterans
>returning from a Chemical/ Biological battlefield.

it'd appear that the NGWRC is of the view that their condition is a result of iraqi use of chem/bio agents, something that washington actually specifically denies, indeed uses as part of its justification for war now, as should be clear from yesterday's nyt report.

kj khoo