USS Kittyhawk or Dante's Inferno?

Charles Jannuzi b_rieux at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 9 09:40:58 PDT 2002

>>Re: USS Kittyhawk or Dante's Inferno?
Well I think it's interesting even if it only reflects what those folk think is going on. (could be somebody's spin-machine too) The other thing I wondered is if some of that low paid work went to

civilian contract workers. That would be odd but I think it's odd that the Navy is renting civilian cargo ships to supply the ME. I also wondered at

the race and rank of the soldiers commiting the crimes.<<

On my brother's ship (back in the 1980s, a fast frigate that sailed the north Atlantic in search of 'THE THREAT!'), a black sailor stabbed and killed a white junior officer. The sailor is now breaking rocks at Levenworth. For me the interesting thing is, everytime my brother, former enlisted, would bring it up with other former enlisted, black, white, Mexican or whatever, the reaction was always the same: Yeah, well, some officers have it coming.

Civilian contracting is never cheap as far as I know, but it has a long history (look at Dick Cheney's company) or the roots of such scum for hire outfits as Dyncorp, Vinnell or Wackenhut. I'm sure they exploit their American workers, but I couldn't give a shit right now, since most know full well what they are getting into. If someone went out of the frying pan of military service to the fire of that and felt exploited, then they've got no one but themselves to blame.

CJ