How did Iraq get its weapons? We sold them

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Sep 9 14:08:28 PDT 2002

Ian Murray wrote:

>The US also sold Saudi Arabia $66billion+ in weapons over the past
>decade or so
>and surely some of that gear and know-how ended up in the hands of ObL's
>friends; so what's "our" responsibility in reversing that error?

I didn't say anything was "our" responsibility. I said it's a very weak argument to say that because "we" sold them stuff, "we" have no standing to criticize now. Partisans of reparative justice could make exactly the opposite argument. There are plenty of arguments to use against a war on Iraq - this is a shitty one.

Doug