threat level rises, but there's nothing you can do about it

R rhisiart at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 10 15:19:44 PDT 2002

At 02:50 PM 9/10/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>[The risk is high, but dunno how or when or where, so go about your
>business normally.]

there has to be a compelling psychological warfare component in all this, on both sides.

1. the bad guys want all of us to be paranoid while they do nothing but talk. then, if they're not idiots, strike when we've relaxed a bit, the neighborhood watch isn't out, and it's sex, drugs and rock and roll redux. (which assumes the shrub group will give them the OK to do it again.)

2. the administration is launching its massive, expensive, abusive proWar PR campaign so anything that softens the minds of the US public and gets our emotions muddled and ahead of our thinking is all to the "good." (which implies they will give the terrorists the OK if their plans don't work out; but not this week.)

3. the military is enjoying jacking off while it rings the pentagon and whitehouse with missiles. general buck turgidson at your service.

as doug implies, keep your powder try and don't shoot until you see the whites of their eyes ... to draw on our nation's rich heritage. most importantly, illigitimi non carborundum from either side. especially since your govt's "intelligence" community has no more idea what's going on than you do.