On the Unpopularity of Leftish TV shows....

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Wed Sep 11 12:17:13 PDT 2002

budge <budge at el-pleasant.org>>...Yes, the same network that carries John McLaughlin, that bastion of staid, reasoned rhetoric.... http://www.expulsion.org/editions/edition1802/comheadline1.cfm
>...the sanctions against Iraq, which was used to persuade them to allow United Nations inspections,
were responsible for the deaths of over 700,000 children under the age of five since the start of the blockade, according to John McLaughlin of the McLaughlin Group. http://www.casi.org.uk/discuss/1998/msg00016.html 6. In an interview with John McLaughlin a few weeks ago, one of our delegation members was asked if he thought the suffering of the Irqi people could be considered genocidal.

Ask yourselves what we would call the deliberately inflicted deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent children, the destruction of a society's economy, health care system, social infrastructure.

We have so thoroughly demonized and dehumanized the people of Iraq that a leading columnist with the NYT can openly call for the killing of civilians, the bombing of installations where civilians might be, and no one flinches. A genocidal complacency on the part of the American people is what this is, a genocidal policy on the part of the American government.

Michael Pugliese