Daschle, the creditors' friend

Michael Perelman michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Wed Sep 11 15:19:00 PDT 2002

I am always surprised at how cheaply politicians can be bought. My brother told me, I recall, that he was at a meeting where Rostenkowski aggreed to vote for something after a tiny donation -- maybe $500 or $2000. It was a small matter and he might not have had an opinion one way or another, but to have told them his intention after the donation does not constitute bribery. If it was, it was sooo cheap.

On Wed, Sep 11, 2002 at 01:01:49PM -0400, Nomiprins at aol.com wrote:

> MBNA may top the financial corporate donor list, but the top 5 credit card
> issuers have contributed $6mln so far in the current election period alone.
> (The top 5 issuers control 50% of the credit card market.) Citigroup was also
> a top 10 contributor for Bush's election. It faces a far greater loss on
> non-performing corporate loans and irrecoverable assets, than could ever be
> made up by gains in their credit card business.
>
> Nomi

Michael Perelman Chico, CA 95929

Tel. 530-898-5321 E-Mail michael at ecst.csuchico.edu