Afghan war dead?

Charles Jannuzi b_rieux at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 11 16:51:38 PDT 2002

Oh, so what few stitches he had holding in his anal fortitude have let loose, and now Dennis P. thinks he sounds smarter now than he did a year ago. For sure, he'll make people like Brad Delong sound relevant. And Luke W. has got all jumped up and excited.

Let's see here guys. Why don't you stop holding anyone on the left who can read accountable for stuff that Chomsky says and get down to some real discussion.

>>In the case of
Afghanistan, banishing the Taliban and eradicating Al Qaida didn't necessitate killing untold numbers of civilians. Nor, I hasten to add, did such an outcome appear likely to the more sober analysts.<<

Bull shit. Just what is the official war dead count for Afghanistan? How many dead Taliban (many of them just boys drafted into black turban), Al Qaeda, tribesman and civilians? You can't say, and the US government doesn't care. If the most conservative estimates say 3-5 thousand 'civilians' you can be sure a lot more people died in the bombing than that. Which means about the only thing we know for sure is that far more people died in the campaign against Afghanistan than on 9/11. Vengeance is mine sayeth the Empire, again and again and again. But the deaths are indeed untold.

CJannuzi

__________________________________________________ Yahoo! - We Remember 9-11: A tribute to the more than 3,000 lives lost http://dir.remember.yahoo.com/tribute