FT: IISS study says opposite of what people attribute to it

Nomiprins at aol.com Nomiprins at aol.com
Wed Sep 11 17:04:26 PDT 2002

In a message dated 9/11/2002 7:23:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time, mpollak at panix.com writes:

> [I would still like to know how chemical weapons and biological weapons
> came to be considered weapons of mass destruction. If one made a list of
> the number of dead caused by bombing raids, I very seriously doubt Halabja
> would make the top 1000. And biological weapons have so far killed not
> thousands or hundreds but ones. Some day in the future one could conceive
> that there might be such a thing as a biological weapon of mass
> destruction. But one could also conceive of death rays. So far, neither
> exists.]

At a peace rally in Washington Square Park last night, Martin Luther King III said that while Bush is focused on Iraq's alleged weapons buildup, the US army is planning to burn unused chemical weapons (rockets equipped with nerve gas) in Anniston, Alabama, a poor black community, this October. It might be the US that raises that biological warfare death tally.

Nomi -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20020911/2d8d82f5/attachment.htm>