On the Unpopularity of Leftish TV shows....

Peter K. peterk at enteract.com
Wed Sep 11 18:23:03 PDT 2002

>Frankly, the 5-minute Headlines segment of Jon Stewart's Daily Show delivers
>more progressive punch than any hour of Now or most other attempts at left
>news.
>
>-- Nathan Newman

That show is pretty funny. Curb Your Enthusiasm - which premieres Sunday night on HBO - is really fucking funny and it's subtly progressive. It's not TV, but the Onion always cracks me up. The September 26 "Holy Fucking Shit Issue" last year had two classic headlines:

"American Life Turns Into Bad Jerry Bruckheimer Movie" http://www.theonion.com/onion3734/american_life_turns_into.html

"Hijackers Surprised to Find Selves in Hell: 'We Expected Eternal Paradise For This,' say Suicide Bombers" http://www.theonion.com/onion3734/hijackers_surprised.html

Peter