Gulf War Syndrome stats withheld

billbartlett at dodo.com.au billbartlett at dodo.com.au
Fri Sep 13 00:34:42 PDT 2002

Carrol Cox wrote:

>My experience is from 50 years ago, and I was in a (somewehat) pampered
>squadron attached to NSA, but I liked the medical care I got in the Air
>Force then.

You must be one of those people who go to a doctor voluntarily, to get prodded and jabbed with needles even when you're in perfect health. In my experience, getting sick precedes medical care. And medical care is often worse than the sickness. So I've always tried to avoid medical care, unless I'm likely to die anyhow and have nothing to lose. Getting mixed up with something that might get you shot at, just so you can have medical care, sounds pathologically pessimistic to me.

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas