Anniversary

Jeffrey Fisher jfisher at igc.org
Thu Sep 12 09:28:01 PDT 2002

On Thu, 12 Sep 2002 12:14:46 -0400 Dennis Perrin <dperrin at comcast.net> wrote:

> > but in any event, methinks thou dost protest
> too much. it keeps coming
> down to
> > who's a threat to us or has done damage to
> us. this white man's burden
> thing
> > is just a facade, and deep down i think you
> know it.

> Protest too much? I merely answered your post

um, not entirely, but ok.

> (and you never addressed how
> the various nationalisms would be dealt with
> post-invasion).

i don't favor an invasion, so i don't feel the need to address that. incidentally, that stuff is far from worked out in afhganistan, either, but that apparently doesn't affect your view of that situation.

> If you don't
> like my response, so be it.

not the question. i disagree with your position. if we're going to write each other off with so-be-its, then what are we doing here?

> Personally I think
> the world would be much
> better off minus Saddam,

well, that's what i'm getting at and that's where i have a hard time understanding any alleged "difference" between AQ and saddam as anything other than imperial vengeance.

> and hope that his own
> people do him Mussolini
> style.

riiiiiiight. you're arguing that the US military won't be able to manage the situation, and then you hope that the people he's gassed in the past or ther starving millions will rise up and overthrow him?

unlikely.