the Left and 9/11

Marc Rodrigues cuito61 at onebox.com
Fri Sep 13 12:59:07 PDT 2002

Dennis Perrin wrote:
>Yeah, probably is.
Went to your web site to see what's on offer, but the fucking thing frozemy computer. So I'll ask here: What's your ideological angle? I saw something about Cuba on your site. Is it simply pro-Castro or perhaps something original and interesting?

If you must ask, I am a self-described "critical supporter of the Cuban Revolution." In other words, I support and defend the social, economic and political acheivments of the Cuban revolution, the role of Cuba in Angola (which more astute people might have been able to figure from my email address), and I believe that the only way the Revolution has survived such immense pressure and oposition from the Empire lies in the fact that the majority of people, especially in the eastern provinces, do in fact support the Revolution. And I also happen to think that Castro is probably one of th emost intelligent heads of state in the world right now, if not the most. but I also recognize that there are various weaknesses and contradictions in Cuban revolutionary society- some caused by internal factors, some by exterior; some that are trying to be fixed, some not.

the reason why there is a section on cuba on the website is because some of of from the group went to cuba and had a teach-in on it after we returned, but that doesnt mean everyone in the group shares my own views on Cuba.

is that good enough for you?

--*-- Marc Rodrigues Voicemail: 866.206.9067 x4217 Students for a Free Society: http://qcsfs.tripod.com

"Why should there be one standard for one country, especially because it is black, and another one for another country, Israel, that is white?"

-Nelson Mandela