Afghan war dead?

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Sat Sep 14 13:57:50 PDT 2002

Joe R. Golowka:

> Both sides claim that
> they "don't target innocent civilians" (only the bad guys do that) but
> it's pretty obvious that the actions they carry out will kill large
> numbers of ordinary people.

I've heard nothing from al-Qaeda that suggests this. Of course they target civilians, quite openly so. To them we are all "infidels" and thus fair game.

> The reign of death is still going. But it's victims mostly aren't
> Americans so I guess they don't count.

Sure -- and I'm certain you would say the same if the Taliban were still in power while millions starved under their miserable rule. Or would you?

DP