Anniversary

Cliff Staples Clifford_staples at und.nodak.edu
Sun Sep 15 11:25:51 PDT 2002

>And vice versa too. Hitch - who's stopped responding to my emails inviting
>him to be on the radio - seems to intoxicated by the evil of AQ that he's
>now blind to the crimes of U.S. imperialism, except as they're embodied in
>the person of Henry Kissinger. It's like Kissinger's become the container
>for all the horrific violence perpetrated by the U.S., leaving the rest of
>the structure innocent.
>
>Doug

I think he's also intoxicated with, among possibly other things, being on TV a lot more than he used to be. I don't think it's any accident that the more he rails against AQ, and the less he talks about the oil interests behind the Bush interest in Iraq (for example) the more he gets on TV. I think he's being used.. which is not to say that I disagree with him on all counts.

Cliff