Bush Planned Iraq 'Regime Change' Before Being Selected President

Jim Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Mon Sep 16 06:56:01 PDT 2002

On Mon, 16 Sep 2002 08:29:57 -0500 Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> writes:

> Marc Rodrigues wrote:
> >
> > [clip]
> > Published on Sunday, September 15, 2002 in The Sunday Herald
> (Scotland)
> >
> > Bush Planned Iraq 'Regime Change' Before Becoming President

No, this is not very startling news, since I recall reading in the NY Times as well as in the British press, prior to 9-11, that many of the Bushies were eager to take out Saddam Hussein as soon as it would be politically possible to do so. That was hardly a well-guarded secret, indeed, almost as soon as they took office, they were floating "trial balloons" in the press about going after Iraq.

Jim F.