Anniversary

Jim Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Mon Sep 16 13:24:13 PDT 2002

Nearly forty years ago, the British economist Joan Robinson was writing about North Korea as some sort of economic miracle, and of South Korea as an economic basketcase. That might sound pretty dotty today, but it wasn't back then, when it looked like that the North Koreans would able to make successful use of the Stalinist model for economic development.

Jim F.