Anniversary

Gordon Fitch gcf at panix.com
Mon Sep 16 13:47:53 PDT 2002

s-t-t at juno.com:
> Ditto. A while back, I was going out with a woman who said explicitly
> that the US had it comin'. She identifies as Left.

I would think that would be the expected outcome of performing the various calculi of war moralization so often recommended here and elsewhere. After all, if it's good to smash the bad guys (and collateral damagees) in Iraq, Afghanistan, Serbia, and all the other places where it's good to smash bad guys, because they don't have enough morality points according to Calculus A, may not Calculus Z come up with a similar result for the United States, or the West, through some subtly different sequence of variables and operators? I feel it is fortunate that I tend to hang out with pacifists, hippies, nihilists and the like who are more intuitive and less caculating. They knew that nobody -- and everybody -- "has it coming."

We all have it coming: an eye for an eye; bring out number, weight and measure in a year of dearth.

-- Gordon