Anniversary

Gordon Fitch gcf at panix.com
Mon Sep 16 22:34:20 PDT 2002

s-t-t at juno.com wrote:
> > Nonsense. If excuses for the atrocities of 9/11 are the 'expected
> > outcome' of anything, it's misanthropy and cynicism.

Gordon Fitch replied:

s-t-t at juno.com:
> No, you see human empathy with thousands of civilians slain and outrage
> over their mass murder, and then you choose to assign this a malignant
> intent, in moral terms. You're saying that denouncing 9-11 as immoral is
> merely a "mask" for the immorality of being repulsed by the slaughter, as
> if the reaction to the act is more sinister than the act itself.

Where's the "empathy"? All I see is tool use. And that _is_ what's going on. I know the difference. If the tool users cared anything about that dead, the maimed, and the bereaved, they would have mentioned them once or twice without using them to flog someone else.

Well, I can do the same thing: I accuse the accusers. I'm as good at hatred as anyone. How do you like it?

-- Gordon