RAWA and Taliban from the archives

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Tue Sep 17 08:28:10 PDT 2002

>Tahir Wood wrote:
>
>>Tahir: RAWA criminal, Taliban anti-imperialist.
>
>Thanks for the archival work Tahir. I guess they don't really count
>though, because, well, just because.
>
>Doug

I was and remain critical of RAWA, based on my limited knowledge of the group. That doesn't mean, though, that I think of RAWA as criminal and the Taliban as anti-imperialist or condone 9.11 terrorism. I suppose that nuances in analysis are not to be allowed when the President says "either you are with us or you are against us."

If you have always thought of me as a terrorist sympathizer or a Taliban fan, though, why have you not told us up front? That would have made for more honest discussion. -- Yoshie