What are the politics of rejoining UNESCO?

DoreneFC at aol.com DoreneFC at aol.com
Tue Sep 17 12:19:19 PDT 2002

Am I the only one who thinks there is a chance that rejoining UNESCO right now could an incredibly cynical effort to buy assent for adventures in Iraq? Good for Kofi Annan if he was able to extract that from the Iraq posturing. Of course I would also love to know where the US currently stands about paying UN DUES.

I have not kept precise score, but I think there is other horsetrading going on with individual states and the UN to get buy-in for Iraq stuff

I believe "reforms" have to do with basically gutting the agency in order to reduce charges of "bloat."

Research? Hopefully later I will have time to look further.

Dorene Cornwell -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20020917/9d423e29/attachment.htm>