Anniversary

Chris Doss itschris13 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 17 16:48:41 PDT 2002

>There seems to be a problem here. There is no "US" that (a) has a mind, (b)
>is a moral agent, and (c) can be said to "deserve" anything. To say "the US
>deserved it" is a backhanded way of saying that "the people who live in the
>United States and pledge it their allegiance deserve it."
>
>I would call this fuzzy thinking, but that would be an insult to fuzzy
>thinkers everywhere...
>

>Brad DeLong

Did the Nazis deserve Dresden? Did the individuals who died in Dresden (many of whom were supporters of the Nazis) deserve it? (I would say no, but I think many people would disagree.)

Chris "Been Drinking Whiskey, Hope I'm Coherent" Doss

_________________________________________________________________ MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx