the wage treadmill

R rhisiart at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 18 14:51:21 PDT 2002

the anti-Bellum south did a pretty good job "defending" its slavery by pointing out that the north was populated with wage slaves. any historians out there conversant with the wage slave dialogue -- then or now? can't find much on it since, evidently, it hits to close to home in our mercantile society.