Pro Patria

Dennis Robert Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Wed Sep 18 17:21:10 PDT 2002

On Tue, 17 Sep 2002, Kevin Robert Dean wrote:

> America: Love it or leave it?

I've thought seriously about bailing. If the bombs started falling on Baghdad, I'd seriously consider taking the next plane to Tampere. A couple dozen maniacs with boxcutters were enough to shut this country down for a week. The blowback from 1.5 billion Muslims after Gulf Slaughter II is too horrible to contemplate. That's what the petro-fundamentalists of Enronistan want, of course; an eternity of oil wars, so Rumsfeld can do his nightly death-dance on CNN, and so the Shrub -- Leatherface's dimmer, dumber cousin -- can pile up the bodies.

Becoming collateral damage in the wars of the petro-fundamentalisms is not high on my list of lifestyle options.

-- Dennis