autonomist Marxism

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Sep 18 18:49:14 PDT 2002

Alec Ramsdell wrote:

>A few days ago Doug mentioned that Tahir is an
>autonomist Marxist. What are some distinguishing
>characteristics of this autonomist Marxism?

Sometimes people are prickly about these attributions. If so, Tahir, sorry. Just evoking a tendency - antistatist, antihierarchical, antiparty, pro the self-organizing activity of the working class.

Here's a bit from Harry Cleaver's intro to his AM archive: <http://www.eco.utexas.edu/faculty/Cleaver/txarchintro.html>.