Anniversary

Marc Rodrigues cuito61 at onebox.com
Wed Sep 18 20:19:45 PDT 2002

i may be slightly off here, but i think chomsky is in the habit of saying something like this at a lot of his speaking events, referring to some random u.s. atrocity, eithe rin the past or ongoing:

"we were responsible for this, and by we i mean people like you and me (or the people sitting in this room)."

i think people in the U.S. do in fact benefit from the political and especially economic domination of the u.s. over the world. would it be possible for us to have our standard of living if not for the exploitation of much of the world? and of course, when i say "us" a lot of people are not included, such as the millions in the u.s. who suffer from abject poverty and hunger.

--- Marc Rodrigues Voicemail: 866.206.9067 x4217 Students for a Free Society: http://qcsfs.tripod.com

"Why should there be one standard for one country, especially because it is black, and another one for another country, Israel, that is white?.. the attitude of the United States of America is a threat to world peace." -Nelson Mandela