Vietnam again (coffee, ethnicity)

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Wed Sep 18 21:04:08 PDT 2002

On Tue, 17 Sep 2002, Daniel Davies wrote:

> Me and Michael Pollak sorted this one out the year before last I think.

Yes, and I learn something new from you every time. (Roasted in Butter? Mmmm. How could that be bad?) But I think (perhaps because you wrote this before you had your morning coffee?) you said "arabica" when you meant "robusta" and vice versa. I'm almost positive that the cheap Vietnamese coffee that is invading the world on massive contracts is robusta. High end coffee is almost always arabica, and I suspect that's what your friend is trying to foster the growth of.

Michael