Anniversary

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 19 14:22:59 PDT 2002

>From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>
>
>Bradford DeLong wrote:
>
>>And when I finally crack and become a neoconservative
>
>I've been a conservative. The company is even stranger than being a
>leftist, and I don't mean that in a good way. For every Chris Caldwell
>there are ten people who will tell you about the Queen of England's
>alliance with Henry Kissinger, or espouse caveman sexual ethics [etc.]

Hmm, I'm not sure that Caldwell merits being the standard bearer of not-insane conservatism (a category I doubt exists in any event). Consider the lead of his NY Press column this week:

"I am coming to the grudging conclusion that George W. Bush is a worthy leader for wartime. Last week, he elevated the tone of everything he addressed."

Full text at http://www.nypress.com/15/38/news&columns/beans.cfm

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx